This recipe just might be one of my favorite meals! It is quick, easy and delicious.
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts tenderized
3-4 cups of fresh spinach
4-5 Roma tomatoes cut into large chunks
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
Cavender's Greek Seasoning (or salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder)
3 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
optional incredients: 1 1/2 cups of artichoke hearts (canned or frozen), 1/8 cup of kalamata olives
1) Sprinkle each chicken breast with the Greek Seasoning.
2) Heat EVOO in a frying pan (that has a cover). Add chicken breasts and cook for 5-6 minutes on one side.
3) Flip the chicken breasts over, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Cover the chicken breasts in the spinach, tomatoes, artichokes, olives and feta. Cover the pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
4) Serve the chicken breasts and spinach tomator mixture over brown rice, wild rice or rice pilaf. The olive oil leftover at the bottom of the pan will also add a lot of flavor to the rice.
* If you use the artichokes, i would heat them for a minute in the microwave before adding them to the chicken so they get thoroughly heated.
* If you love olives and are tempted to add more, beware that they do add a very intense flavor. I find less is more with olives.
* You can add more of any of the ingredients really--I love adding a ton of spinach and tomatoes.
* I love this recipe with fish instead of chicken. Cod and walleye work really really for this recipe, you just have to cook it much less, 1-2 minutes per side.