I have always loved chicken piccata. I love the lemon flavor contrasted with the salty test of the capers. This is a simple recipe that goes great with pasta and a green veggie like broccoli or asparagus. This recipe is based off of one by Giada De Laurentis.
3 boneless chicken breasts
3 tbs EVOO
1/8 cup capers
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup flour
2 tbs butter
salt & pepper
1) Place each chicken breast between two pieces of parchment paper. Pound each one out until it is about 1/4 inch think.
2) Spread the flour out on a plate. Sprinkle with small amount of salt & pepper and then dredge the chicken breast in the flour. Repeat with each chicken breast.
3) In a medium frying pan, heat a pan under medium-high heat and add the EVOO and then the chicken breast. Brown each side of the chicken breast, about three minutes for each side. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
4) In the same frying pan, add the wine, chicken, lemon juice and capers. Scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan, bringing the mixture to a boil. Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not let it go too long or the sauce will be a bit too citrusy.
5) Remove the chicken, turn off the heat and finish the sauce by adding the butter and stirring with a whisk. Pour the sauce over each chicken breast.