Monday, May 23, 2011

Donut Muffins

So a friend posted this delicious recipe for donut muffins on Facebook and I had to try it since my boyfriend loves donuts.  He definitely approved of these! I can't say they are good for you, but everyone deserves a treat now and then.

I pretty much followed the recipe exactly however I used plain applesauce instead of oil to reduce the calories a bit. I promise you will not sacrifice any flavor or texture by doing this.  I also spooned about 1/2 a teaspoon of melted butter on the muffins and sprinkled the cinnamon-sugar mixture instead of dipping it.  I did try the dipping and rolling method but the muffins were just coated with huge clumps of butter, cinnamon and sugar and were just a bit too sweet.  I would like something in between, but I do think the spooning/sprinkling method was a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment