(picture courtesy of Google images because the pie was gone before I remembered to take a picture)
Ingredients for the crust
9 graham crackers broken into fine crumbs (a food processor works best for this)
1/3 cup of sugar
2 tsp lime zest
5 tbs of butter (melted)
Ingredients for the filling
3 egg yolks
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup of key lime juice (I recommend Nelli & Joe's Famous Key Lime Juice, but it you can't find key lime juice normal lime juice will do the trick)
1 1/2 tsp of lime zest
Directions for the crust
1) Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2) Blend melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar together well. I use a food processor for this step but feel free to use whatever means you have available to blend these three ingredients together well.
3) Press the mixture into a 9 inch pie pan so it completely covers the bottom and the sides of the pan.
4) Bake for 8 minutes. Leave the oven at 350.
Directions for the filling
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and lime zest until fluffy.
2) Add the sweetened condensed milk and blend together for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is thick.
3) Add the key lime juice and on a lower speed, mix together until combined well.
4) Pour the mixture into the crust.
5) Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
6) Let the pan cool a bit and then place it into the fridge and let it set for 4-6 hours. This recipe can be made a day in advance.