My Grandma Gen is the Christmas cookie master. Every year she brings us dozens of delicious cookies, which is great, because my mom and I do not bake often. This year she delivered some cookies that inspired me to learn the recipe. They are sweet, they are are salty, and they are crunchy--just about everything you want in a Christmas cookie. The best part is--they don't require mixing, sifting and blending.
(1) 12 oz pkg of Rolos (contains 56 Rolos)
8 oz bag of M&Ms or pecans or walnuts
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to tin foil.
2) Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
3) Cover the baking sheet with pretzel rings, so none of the pretzel rings are touching one another.
4) Unwrap a Rolo and place the big end inside the pretzel ring. Some might not quite fit, but secure it in there the best you can.
5) Set a time for 4 minutes. Place the cookies in the oven and hit the timer. When the time goes off, take them out and gently push an M&M or a pecan in the center so the chocolate spreads out. You may want to hold the pretzel so it does not slide around.
6) When there is an M&M in the center of each pretzel, set aside the baking sheet and let them dry for 30-60 minutes. I would suggest putting them in the fridge or if you live somewhere like Minnesota, put them in a cool garage. Use a metal spatula to remove them from the parchment paper or tin voil and you're done.