Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

Last night before bed, I mixed up a batch of pumpkin pancake batter. I am not much of a pancake person, but I do love pumpkin, so I decided to give these a shot. This recipe is from the farmer's who supply me with a weekly CSA. I did not use fresh pumpkin this time around, but Libby's canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix). I also replaced the milk with almond milk,  the flour with rice flour and added an egg. If you do it this way they are gluten and dairy free. Next time around I might add another egg because these were pretty thick. They don't bubble like normal pancakes while cooking. They were also incredibly filling. One was plenty! I ate them with some turkey sausage and Anderson's Maple Syrup (aka the best maple syrup). I will definitely do these again and they are so quick in the morning if you make the batter ahead of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment