Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shrimp Pasta Salad with Cucumbers, Dill & Grape Tomatoes

Well--I am still trying to use up all of the dill and cucumbers in my fridge.  I once again used foodily to find a few recipes.  This one, from Martha Stewart grabbed my attention and I have to say it was pretty good and I will definitely be making it again.  It tasted so fresh and summery--and now I am down one English cucumber (two left!) and only have about 1/2 of the giant bunch of dill I bought. 



Ingredients for the Salad
1 lb. whole wheat bow ties or shells (or whatever kind of pasta you want to use!)
1 lb. shrimp (I bought pre-cooked, tail-off shrimp from Trader Joe's)
1 English cucumber peeled and seeded, cut in half and sliced
1 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2-2/3 cup of fresh chopped dill

Ingredients for Dressing
3 tbs. of mayo (I prefer Rocco's, but I used Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil)
3 tbs. of EVOO
3 tbs. of fresh lemon juice
2 tbs. of dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste

1) Cook your pasta according to the specifications.  While the pasta is cooking, prepare your vegetables and the dill and set aside.  Also prepare the shrimp if you did not buy them with their tails off by removing the tails.  Make sure to rinse and drain the shrimp too.
2) When the pasta is done, rinse with cold water and drain very well.  Pour your pasta into a large bowl and set aside.
2) Mix the dressing, except for the salt and pepper.  I would use a whisk and make sure to blend very well until it is smooth and creamy.  Add a small amount of salt and pepper, taste and add more as necessary. 
3) Pour about 1/3 of the vegetables, dill and shrimp over the pasta and then add about 1/3 of the dressing. Stir well, repeating this process until all of the veggies, dressing and shrimp are mixed well in the salad.  Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment