Friday, August 26, 2011

Muffin Tin Eggs

I know these sound weird, but I had to post about them because they are so unbelievably easy.  I am a big fan of hard boiled eggs.  I like to have them around to grab for breakfast on my way out the door and sometimes I will eat one right before a bike ride.  I like to call them nature's protein bars as a single egg has nearly 13 grams of protein.  The problem with hard boiled eggs is that I run out and forget to make more.  In come muffin tin eggs.  A facebook friend posted the recipe and I was inspired.  They are so simple.  Pre-heat the oven to 350 degees, spritz the muffin wells with some non-stick cooking spray, and cook as many eggs as you would like.  Cook for 15-20 minutes. By the time I am done getting ready for work, I have breakfast.  They have the consistency of a hard boiled eggs.  I added a little bit of ham and topped each egg with half a slice of colby jack cheese.  You could get creative and maybe add some veggies, different kinds of cheeses and maybe even some cooked bacon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment