Monday, August 22, 2011

Shrimp & Goat Cheese Pizza with Red Peppers and Grape Tomatoes

One of the easiest meals I make is homemade pizza.  Usually for me it involves a simple crust (Betty Crocker & or Pillsbury) some Contadina pizza sauce, a little mozza and then whatever else I can find in the fridge.  I have to say this pizza turned out especially good because I happen to have leftover shrimp and goat cheese in my fridge.  I felt like I was eating out, even though I was home.  I know the crust looks kind of funny--I struggle with all things dough related.  This was the first time I used the Pillsbury brand that is located in the refrigerated section.  The crust tasted awesome, but it was a bit hard to work with as the dough kept on tearing.








Ingredients
1 container of Pillsbury pre-made dough
1/2 cup of pizza sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 oz of crumbled goat cheese
10-15 small shrimp, tails removed (from shrimp cocktail)
handful of grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 red pepper, chopped

1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees (or whatever your chosen dough requires).  In the meantime, grease a pizza pan and work the dough into a round pizza shape on the pan.  I tend to work with the dough--meaning if it goes weirdly in one direction, I just roll with it (note--the pizza is shaped like a Pokemon).

2) Spread the sauce on the pizza.  I tend to like a lot of sauce, feel free to use more than the suggested amount.  Next, add the toppings.  Spread them out evenly.  Next cover in mozza and goat cheese.  I tend to go light on the mozza--I prefer more toppings and sauce to cheese. 

3) Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment