Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Busy Busy--But Still Cooking!

The last two weeks of my life have been pretty crazy. However, rather than making a lot of new things that I can blog about, I have been relying on some tried and true favorites.  Here is what I have been up to:

A couple weeks ago I celebrated my birthday. I spent the afternoon with some fantastic friends at Surlyfest, where I enjoyed some great beer and a delicious lobster roll.  After Surlyfest, I had a barbecue with friends where I served these ridiculously easy pork chops and a corn salad which I will blog about. My boyfriend surprised me with a delicious layer cake from Queen of Cakes, straight from Edina, where by default, they do cake best. I highly recommend Queen of Cakes for your next special occassion.

Just a few days after my birthday, I left for the 'burbs to stay with a couple of teenagers while their parents are out of the country. One of the teenagers is very busy with athletics, so I had to figure out how to get dinner on the table between running her all over the Twin Cities and working full time. It actually went pretty well and we did crock pot meals on two nights--Greek Chicken and Chicken Adobo, which they enjoyed.  We also did homemade pizza, fresh ravioli from Bon Giorno, and Italian chicken soup. 

I am planning on some normal recipe posts in the near future--including my version of Rocco's Sweet Ginger Chicken, a fantastic tomato salad, a corn salad and deviled eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment